Friday, March 2, 2012

Life’s second chances

Happy new month everyone!!!!

March is already taking flight. Wow! How time rolls by! Before you know it, it’s December and we are welcoming a new year – 2013.
It’s scary, I tell you. It feels like life is just way faster than the dreams I have planned, and I find myself playing catch-up. I am aware I am in no competition with anyone but myself, but sometimes you just want to look around you to see who’s doing way better than you.

Sigh!
Life is tough. But we keep pushing because the minute you stop, it means you are ready to say goodbye to the world. It is not failing that makes you a failure, it is not giving it any push that makes you one.
We will succeed in Jesus’ name. Amen!

Life, it always seems, gives us a second chance to try again. Be better. Be kinder. Be nicer. Love deeper. Speak softly. Care immensely.
I disappeared for two days from the Café because I was thinking about a lot of stuff – my life, and what I need to achieve this year. Am I close? Am I far? Am I doing well? Only time will tell.
 I still have nine months to judge my progress. It’ll all work out, I’m putting my heart into everything I desire. And with His mercies, we shall achieve.

For a new month, I’ll just leave you with some of the quotes that have impacted my life.

Have a swell weekend!

-          Adaora

*****
“You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching,
Love like you'll never be hurt,
Sing like there's nobody listening,
And live like it's heaven on earth.” – William W. Purkey


*****
“To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics and to endure the betrayal of false friends. To appreciate beauty; to find the best in others; to leave the world a bit better whether by a healthy child, a garden patch, or a redeemed social condition; to know that even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

*****

“Finish every day and be done with it. You have done what you could; some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; you shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

*****

“Who are you to judge the life I live?
I know I'm not perfect
-and I don't live to be-
but before you start pointing fingers...
make sure your hands are clean!”  - Bob Marley


*****

“Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, 'It might have been.” – John Greenleaf Whittier

*****

“It is better to be hated for what you are than loved for what you are not.” – Andre Gide

*****

“We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are.” – Anais Nin


4 comments:

  1. I too cannot believe how fast the year has gone. What???!!! there's a lot to accomplish and just no time at all. God is our strength. happy new month to you too.
    - Davies

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree that you have to dance like nobody is watching..... God bless our hussledz year

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love you Adaora ukoh

    ReplyDelete