Friday, March 16, 2012

Music in my heart!


After following up on articles about Goldie’s new album, I finally got around to listening to it yesterday.
Like I said, I was troubled by personal financial matters and I needed an escape desperately, so as I called my publicist to vent out my frustration, she recommended a dose of Goldie’s art and insisted I get a copy of her new album and see if it would cheer me up.
Hmmmm.
Well, I had no choice at this point cos I was sure anything was better than staring at my ceiling. When I got the album, I had planned to spend just an hour with it but I ended up spending the whole day blasting the music so loud that my floors vibrated.
I think I have found good company for the weekend!
Oh yes! That is how beautiful Goldie’s “Gold Reloaded” album is. It moves from very funky songs to sweet love songs, like a blanket it soothes you. I really did get a trip just playing some of the songs over and over again.
I have a few favourites already. The first song on the album, “Don’t wanna leave” is just a warm song. It doesn’t make you sad, it just keeps your heart beating, and wanting with the hope of getting. It’s positive and cheery and speaks to our heart.
Then I like “don’t touch my body” the remix of the song in this album is pure magic.
“Say My name” I have heard on radio many times and it is indeed a great song. I also like “Point and kill’, she did that with Kas. I hear BankyW’s voice on one of the tracks, and another track “DJ Play on” is so cool.
I’m not exactly a music critic or anything close, but as a consumer, I can tell what good music sounds like.
It’s always inspiring when you see women conquer their fears and make good their talent.
Well done, Goldie!
I’m already in the weekend mood, and apart from Goldie’s nice album, I’ll be re-playing Flavour’s ‘catch cold’ and Omawumi’s “bottom belle”.
All the songs I love!
So, what songs do you like?
Have a day filled with music in your heart *wink!
-          Adaora

2 comments:

  1. I am not a big fan of Goldie but I just love her videos .... ESP the one with elder and also DON'T TOUCH MY BODY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmmmmm......... I am so checking it out will give my verdict later have a great weekend Adaora

    ReplyDelete